This involves providing children with opportunities to:
• practise and improve their skills in counting numbers, calculating simple addition and subtraction problems
Our resources can help children to meet the Early learning goals for Mathematics as set out in the EYFS handbook.
• Children count reliably with numbers , place them in order and say which number is one more or one less than a given number
Physical development Resources
This involves providing opportunities for children to be active and interactive, and to develop their co-ordination, control, and movement. Children must also be helped to understand the importance of physical activity, and to make healthy choices in relation to food.
Moving and handling:
• Children show good control and co-ordination in large and small movements
• They move confidently in a range of ways, safely negotiating space
Health and self-care:
• Children know the importance for good health of physical exercise and a healthy diet, and talk about ways to keep healthy and safe
• They manage their own basic hygiene and personal needs successfully, including dressing and going to the toilet independently